About Me

My photo
KENT, OH
As the daughter of two extremely creative parents I was pretty much destined for a career in food, something I think my parents knew when they named me. My passion for entertaining and cooking was developed by the time I was 10, apprenticing in our family kitchen making Chinese egg rolls and French crepes from scratch. I earned my degree in Food Service from Kent State then spent the last 18 years opening restaurants and hotels learning all facets of the industry with a focus on food, training and event planning. When the market tanked in 2008 I lost my job of 8 years and decided to explore this opportunity as a chance to begin yet another new chapter in my life. This is my journey……

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

14 months since my last post, REALLY?!@#$%*

 My friend Carla (coach) sent me an email today about an online seminar Wednesday night that I could register for titled "BecomeABlogger" and I thought oh yeah I have one of those. But what's the address? I know I'll Google myself  to find the link. So, I did just that and it popped right up under my LinkedIn profile at the top of the page - pretty good placement if I don't say so myself. But there's a small problem, what's the password? I immediately scrambled to find my worn-out, coffee-stained notepad next to my desk containing every password & user ID I've ever created, this is a gold mine if anyone found it.Whew, right where I left it under my syllabus & notes for  my fall class. "Sage Creation's" sign-in,  when I picked the name for my blog I thought it very fitting - I'm creative & my name is Sage plus everything else I liked or wanted was already taken. It's harder than you think to find personalized website using the name Sage.When I Googled Sage Blog (not using Culley) I just discover Adventures with The Sage, The City Sage and Sage Fly Fishing Blog. I'm curious if "The Sage" has a more exciting life than mine maybe I'll go back to that to get some pointers but I digress......

As my blog opens I see the last posting, WOW....June 14, 2011, REALLY! Can it be true? It is possible I haven't posted in over a year. I remember posting somethings about waste or recycling but now I realize that was for the Countryside Conservancy blog not my personal blog.  But what about the watermelon lemonade I made for Blackstone Launchpad last month, or the new job with StrEat Mobile Bistro, or even my second semester teaching Customer Service for the Hospitality program at Tri-C, or having my first roommate since college or anyone living in my home other than me since my divorce? Hard to believe not a single post in 14 months, it would have made for some great commentary or at least an outlet for this single white female navigating this windy, steep, hilly road called LIFE.

With a full page and writers cramp let this posting at 6:10pm on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 mark the beginning of a new cycle of blogs - maybe I can "Become A Blogger". As Scarlet O'Hara  once said "after all tomorrow is another day".Scarlet O'Hara

1 comment:

  1. Haha yes, blogs do have life cycles don't they?

    Sometimes, coming back to a blog after a long time away is a good thing. Time and distance create perspective and that is what we need sometimes. To be able to step back to reassess where we are now, and where to next.

    I keep a private journal as well and even that sometimes sees long periods of dry weather, when I simply write nothing at all. Not because nothing is happening, but I just didn't write, for whatever reason. I always look back on those days, weeks later and think, "Oh what a shame." But I've accepted that that's just the way it is sometimes. The wonderful imperfection of life itself. :)

    ReplyDelete